Church Facts

christian_cross_3_3000x2212

  1. Family of Faith Church was originally known as Mount Calvary Missionary Baptist Church and was organized by Reverend J.N. Washington on July 8, 1937. Reverend A.L. Bratcher was the first Pastor of Mount Calvary in 1937.
  2. Pastor Jerome M. Hill became Pastor of Mount Calvary Missionary Baptist Church in 1985.
  3. The church came out of Baptist tradition in 1992 after Pastor Hill received the baptism in the Holy Spirit.
  4. In 1992, for the first time in Mount Calvary history, women were called and licensed in the ministry.
  5. On December 3, 1995, under the leadership of Pastor Jerome M. Hill, Sr., Mount Calvary Missionary Baptist Church changed its name to Family of Faith Church. The new name became effective January 1, 1996.
  6. Deacons were ordained for the first time at Family of Faith Church on Sunday, August 27, 2006.